Updated: Sep 27, 2021
Do hot drinks, herbal teas really help us ward off the virus?
First of all, this article is only some healthy routines not a cure nor treatments so plase always doublecheck with your physician.
Things to know
Hot drinks do not cure COVID! However, hot drinks are an interesting anti-covid health reflex.
1. They will delay the viral load in the ENT sphere
2. They can start to kill some viruses, just some, and that's better than nothing.
Hydrate every 15 minutes, 3 sips, and gargle with those sips. The infusion must be hot, lukewarm, not hot, pleasantly drinkable.
What if we don't have plants at hand to make infusions with:(
Not a big deal, and very simple, 2 pinches of salts in ½ glass of hot water, stir well and you gargle, This will help drain and destroy the viruses and lead them to the stomach which it's perfect. So, do this 2 to 3 times a day. Do not abuse this salty drink as it is laxative but only if you don't have anything else.
- don't go for mouthwashes or disinfectant drinks, thinking that I will kill whatever is in my mouth so at least there will be no more virus. But you will have leached the oral microbiota and everything that protects you in the ENT sphere.
- Fever is not a bad thing actually. Up to 40 degrees, fever is good it means that the body is fighting. Fever is our friend. It allows us to perspire and therefore to drain toxins via the skin. It also serves the skin, an excretory organ when the body is overwhelmed in its work of elimination.
- drink nothing cold, no ice, because it weakens the immune system
- drink nothing hot either
On the other hand, if we are lucky enough to have plants
Here is the perfect blend of 5 plants to have in your cupboard: take a pinch for ½ liter of boiling water, steep for no more than 6 minutes, strain and drink.
Chamomile Chamaemelum nobile
Thyme Thymus vulgaris
Plantain Plantago lanceolata
Pulmonary Pulmonaria officinalis
Nettle Urtica dioïca
Focus on these 5 plants
Plante 1 : Chamomile Chamaemelum
There are 3 kinds:
1. Matricaria or German chamomile Matricaria recutita bisabolol, chamazulene
2. Roman chamomile or noble Chamaemelum nobile
3. Feverfew, Tanacetum parthenium (L.) Schultz-Bip.
I• Camomille romaine, noble Chamaemelum nobile = Anthemis nobilis Asteraceae
• Analgesic and anti-inflammatory
• Emmenagogue and anti-allergic
• Anti-migraine (less than Tanacetum parthenium)
• La camomille romaine Chamaemelum nobile (L.) All. Asteraceae (capitules)
• Anti-inflammatory properties
Ditto Achillea ligustica, Achillea millefolium, Achillea moschata
• Grande Camomille, partenelle, Tanacetum parthenium (L.) Schultz-Bip. Asteraceae flower part
• Analgesic and anti-inflammatory (flavonoids)
• Specific anti-migraine (parthenolide)
• Protective effect on vascular endothelial cells
• Antispasmodic for smooth muscles by alpha-blocking effect (lactones)
• Research: inducer of apoptosis (chronic lymphoid leukemia)
• Prevention of migraine attacks, prolonged DMARDs
• Painful periods, dysmenorrhea, catamenial migraines, endometriosis
• Forbidden in pregnant women
• Not recommended with anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents
• Allergic risks
Plante 2 : Le Thym Thymus vulgaris
For infections, difficulty in breathing, persistent cough or congestion (cold, cough, flu, bronchitis, pleurisy, whooping cough)
Thyme syrup recipe for fatty cough or bronchitis.
Ingredients : 2 bowls of dried thyme leaves, 1 liter of water, 1 kg of sugar, 1 saucepan. Put the thyme in a saucepan Pour 1 liter of boiling water. Let this mixture infuse for 1 day. Filter then add the kg of sugar. Cook for 1 hour on low heat then skim. Bottle as soon as the mixture (syrup) is cold. Dosage: Drink 20 ml 3 times a day
Avoid in case of high blood pressure and tachycardia
Plante 3 : Le Plantain
Plantago major, media et lanceolata (Grand, moyen et petit plantain) Plantaginees
Active ingredients: pectin, aucubin, tannin, sulfur, alkaline salts, mucilage, etc.
Purifier of blood, lungs, stomach,
Increases blood coagulation
healing on wounds and tissues regeneration.
Plante 4 : La Pulmonaire Pulmonaria officinalis
Worth its name. The broad, lanceolate, spotted leaves are reminiscent of the anatomy of the lung.
Formerly used in tuberculosis.
Expectorant, diuretic, emolliant
Antioxidant activity 
Astringent in the treatment of wounds
Plante 5 : Nettle Orties Urtica urens L. et Urtica dioïca L. Urticaceae
leaves Perennial herbaceous, “weed” with opposite leaves, covered with stinging and bristling hairs
• The tip breaks and injects the stinging substances
• Nitrophilic and ruderal, they are very common around homes, in rubble and ditches
• Considered a panacea in the Middle Ages (hemorrhages)
Anti-rheumatic (inhibits the arachidonic acid cascade)
diuretic, decreases urea, uric acid,
Anti-anemic (stimulates hematopoiesis),
cholagogue, increases the enzyme production of the pancreas,
preventive of arteriosclerosis,
antiallergic (inhibition of PAF of neutrophils),
• => Osteoarthritis, gout, degenerative rheumatism, metabolic overloads, iron deficiency anemia, asthenia, allergies
• Undesirable effects: none identified, beware of patients on oral anticoagulants (richness of the plant in vitamin K).
To sum it all up
- If we drink hot, if we drink too cold, we weaken
- If we do things to the extreme it is always bad for the body
- One routine, every 15 minutes, 3 sips during the all day. Because the Covid is all the easier to set in when this ENT area is dry. So moisten, moisten, moisten and at the same time feed fever and perspiration. You feed what destroys the virus, you feed what eliminates it. The drinks do not heal but put a hell of a blow to him and bar his way.
Tell me in the comments if you have any other natural health routine I would love to hear from you.
Wishing you all the best